Monday, February 7, 2011

Romance on the Porch




















I had a little bit of spare time yesterday so decided to put together a table for Valentine's Day. Even though Valentine's is usually red I had picked up this pretty bunch of pink roses from the supermarket on Saturday for $5 so pink it was going to be!! I had been cleaning the windows in the sunroom so thought the table might look nice in front of the window between the chairs. Please ignore the dry garden you can see in the background but that's what happens when there is no water to spare!! So happy it rained last week! 

 
























I once again was drawn to add green to my pink table. These little boxes hold chocolates - just right for Valentine's Day!


A small candle in a little urn takes centre stage - the table is small so there was no room for a large centrepiece.


























I had bought these gorgeous napkin rings at Freedom (a homeware store here in Australia) while I was on holidays. They have a really big ring on them so I had to use a pink napkin inside the white one.


I used these cute depression glass bowls to serve the fruit in. These salad plates are from my large selection of pink floral china. I have two of this particular pattern.


Pink roses are my favourite. They have a few little 'imperfections' on their petals but hey don't we all???

A pretty pink box for this place setting. These boxes were favours from a wedding quite a few years ago and I just can't bring myself to throw them out.
 

This is my favourite pink bubbly!!! I love it!!! I tried using some of my old silver items without cleaning them and I'm not sure if that's the way I can go - I do love nice sparkling silverware!


A bird's eye view!! I used a couple of pieces of pale pink chiffon as tablecloths. I love the softness of the chiffon.



I seem to have a bit of reflection here on these plates but hopefully that will soon be a thing of the past as today I enrolled in a digital phoptgraphy course! I can't wait. LOL



I painted these old porch chairs a couple of years ago. I bought them from a secondhand store a long time ago when we enclosed our back porch. I was thinking about them the other day and realised the cushions have had five different coloured covers over the years. Talk about recycling!! PS And I have made them all myself! 


We have had a terrible couple of weeks in Australia - first floods then last week a cyclone all in the eastern states and yesterday here in Western Australia a terrible bushfire which has burnt 64 homes to the ground. I don't know how anyone could get over that dreadful trauma. My heart goes out to them.

Suzy






25 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

The pink chiffon just makes everything dreamy....
I think Pink should be the official color of Valentines Day!
Beautiful roses...
Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

♥ Miss Tea said...

oh my! i saw your link via show off your cottage monday and i love what you posted there, I am a pink color fan hehe so I love your roses, the candle, the chairs and especially your cute cushions!! they're just adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Hi Suzy, First I want you to know your beautiful country and all it's people are in my prayers. I know that's a BIG QUEST but "God will handle it". In my life the WORST tragedies somehow TURN into the best triumphs of life and "we do all go on"...I'm holding you "ALL" in my heart and prayers!
Your little valentine table is "Darling". Valentine is about Romance and Love, and Pink is PERFECT here! I LOVE the color combo of pink and green. It is SO PRETTY together. LOVE all your dishes(Where is your little green depression glass dish from?)LOVE IT!!! You've expressed the "St Valentine's Day" setting so beautifully. I Love every detail...
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs,
Donna

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What a gorgeous and romantic table you have set!
The pink chiffon is a great idea and the roses are the perfect crowning touch!
So sorry about the horrible weather troubles your country has been experiencing.
My heart goes out to all of you.
Cindy

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

It all looks so decadent and romantic ... Chocolates, bubbly and pink roses ... I'm swooning! Love the delicate combination of soft pinks and greens ...pretty!

xo
Jill

Wanda Metcalf said...

This is very sweet and very romantic. I love pink on Valentines Day, I think red can be over done so easy. All the pink and touches of green are soft and speak romance. I would love to have dinner at that table with my hunny!! Hope you are cooking, serving and cleaning

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post you have there, so elegant and romantic, it looks as though it belongs in a magazine! Have a wonderful week, Marilou xo

Claudia said...

Suzy, that looks like a perfectly romantic way to celebrate Valentine's Day - or anything romantic!

xo
Claudia

Carolyn said...

I love your romance on the porch-very pretty!
I also love your header pics.

Carolyn

Kathleen said...

That is just lovely! So pretty in pink, soft!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Suzy,

Your table setting and chairs are so cozy...I love the imperfections in vintage china. I love depression glass and pink roses are definitely my favorite. ♥

I follow the weather for Australia and my heart really goes out to those that have suffered so badly from the floods, then the Cyclone and now you tell me about the fire...just dreadful.

I'm no stranger to Cyclones (Hurricanes here in the USA)...You may remember hearing about Hurricane Katrina that came in at the Gulf Coast almost 6 years ago now..it was like yesterday though...so much devastation and such a monster storm.

Oh my...we need to pop open that pink bubbly and have a glass and toast being thankful for all we have today.

I so enjoyed your post..I'm visiting for Porch Club Monday...I'd love to have you visit!

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Full pink romance!

Happy Valentines Day!!!!

Hugs
Charo

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How pretty your soft pinks and greens are! Such a lovely Valentine's setting. I love pink roses too.

Splenderosa said...

This is wonderful, I love the roses. Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

Sooo Lovely and romantic.
~Jo

Phyllis said...

I did so enjoy reading your post and looking at your lovely table all ready for the day of love. The people in your country have suffered a lot lately with the weather....flooding, fires and such. My husband has been keeping me informed and we have worried about you all. I have lived through a flood, but a fire would be most devastating, and my heart goes out to all who have lost so much. At times like this, we realize that "things" are really not ours, but gifts from God to use for our benefit. Our things are just "on loan" for awhile and we must take care of them while in our possession. A loss such as this truly makes you look at material possessions in a different light, and I try to not place so much stock in them. But I still like to shop for a good bargain....LOL! Drop by and visit my new blog when you can and stay safe. Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

All The Pretty Dishes said...

What a lovely tablescape. It looks like a picture from a magazine it is so pretty!

Alycia Nichols said...

Beautiful and peaceful and romantic! ALL of that! I hope you and yours stay safe. I heard about all the flooding a few weeks ago, but was unaware of the cyclone and bushfire. How awful! Please stay safe, and have a loving Valentine's Day!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I also love a table for two like you~~~ Your Tablescape is so Beautiful for being with the one you love.Im your newest follower on your blog I hope you can join me also. maybe you can come see my Tablescape for Valentine's Day and my tables for two sweet lady.xxoo
Diane

Cindy Lew's Studio said...

I am sorry to hear about all of the weather you are having over there. I talk to others from your area and so very sorry to hear how awful it has been.

I just love your site, it is beautiful and your setting are amazing.

Happy Pink Saturday!!!

Warm Wishes and Happy Valentine's Day, CindyLew

Donnie said...

That is really beautiful. Happy Valentine's Day and Pink Saturday.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love LOVE! Particularly when it is pink.

Happy hearts day to you and yours.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Awwww this is so sweet and beautiful. All those luscious pinks and how you set the table is gorgeous. Wow! You have done a great job preparing for this lovely Holiday!
Blessings,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

SuzyQ -- Pink is for your passion on this Valentine's Day with romance cushioned in rhinestone wares, china and sparkles of green glass with presents to open and champagne to pop, then comes the kiss; nothing else said. Happy Valentine's Day -- Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Beautiful! Such a romantic setting. Love the table for two. Your photos are gorgeous as usual.
Prayers for those who have lost their homes. So devastating!
Hope you have the sweetest of Pink Saturdays!