Thursday, April 7, 2011

Animal Tablescape

As we are coming into winter here in Australia the animal prints are everywhere so I was thrilled to see these tablemats for a couple of dollars each. I have used my black dinnerset (something I never dreamt I would own!!) with some great taupe coloured plates which have a fabulous circle pattern on them  (they were only a couple of dollars each at the supermarket) to set this wintery table. Today I used my mats across the table for a change and I really like the look. Simple candles, striped napkins and clear glassware all finish the table. I have set up a bottle of port and glasses in a simple black trug for an after dinner drink!















Enjoy!

Suzy

4 comments:

Carolyn @ Adrift on the Lake said...

I absolutely love this table!! The dishes are PERFECT with the placemats! I found your blog from BNOTP and am now your newest follower!

Sharon Haynie said...

I never, ever thought that I would use black plates either! Now I don't know how I ever set a table without them. I love the animal print, my husband says that alot of the tables are too "girlie" for him. Thanks for sharing this week!

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This looks great. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas!

Marigene said...

Beautifully elegant with the black, tan and animal print.