Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Party


Well, what a wonderful day I have had... we had our annual  Craft Christmas Party which we celebrate with some girls from a nearby town and this year it was our turn to host it. We started early (about 10.30) with coffee then a few champagnes. The visiting girls supplied the nibbles then we provided the wonderful roast turkey, glazed ham and all the trimmings!! The visitors provided the dessert - yummo!!! I was in charge of decorating the table so I loaded up a laundry basket with all things gold and set to work. I added a little red and green just to get in the spirit of things. It really did look nice. We use the cutlery and crockery from our local hall so I didn't have to lug mine in to use so that was rather handy as I had decorations, food, drinks, gifts and craft projects to take with me.


 After that finished I went on to our School Graduation Night - it was just wonderful. All our little ones were so nervous before it started but they rose to the occasion (as we knew they would) and it was a super night. Tomorrow I am having a day at home...yippee!

6 comments:

niartist said...

GORGEOUS! Love it all! Thanks so much for sharing. Stacking those boxes gives me a great idea for my brunch next week!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Both of your events sound just wonderful, what great times and memories. Your table looks fabulous. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope to see your at the "Holiday Cloche Party". I will have Mr. Linky up tonight. Hugs, Marty

Kathleen said...

Very pretty, love the gold Santa!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

It looks wonderful, what a pretty ;mix of colors, It sounds like very fun parties, love the stacked boxes, i am a new follower of yours, come over for a visit, I'll be back to visit again, thanks for sharing....

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Sure looks like Christmas is coming to your house! The golden glow is so pretty.

nannykim/spindlecotage said...

Boy does that ever sound like fun, fun, fun!! Nice decore too ;-)