Friday, October 8, 2010

Master bedroom at the beach house

I have been having so much fun decorating our beach house - it is just so different to the farm house that it really has been a challenge. Today I am going to share the master bedroom with you. I love this room - it is really big and we have purchased a wonderful sleigh bed, bedside cupboards and a tallboy to match.




























As you can see from the light coming in at the left the window and door to the balcony are on this side - we have ocean views when lying in bed!! This is pure luxury to me who at the moment is looking at dry & dusty paddocks



When we had our furniture delivered I was really stumped with what to put above the bed. There really wasn't enough room for a print with the three little windows above but I just wanted something.
 



I was flicking through a magazine and I came across the wonderful ad from Wallwords in the USA. I couldn't help myself when I saw the above quote - it was just what I wanted. Thank goodness for the internet as I was able to order it straight away and I received it here at the farm house in no time at all. It is just perfect for that little space.





I have gone with neutral tonings for this room as it has a feature wall behind the bed which I really liked.




























I am now on the look out for all the little touches I need to make it feel like my home - you know what I mean, photo frames, things to put on the bedside tables and just those finishing touches.


Suzy


11 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Beautiful bed. I love your wall words. Perfect saying. Lovely room. Hugs, Marty

Ineke van den Akker said...

Wow! Wishing it was mine!
Happy Pink Saturday!
greetings from Holland,
Ineke

Susan said...

I love your bedroom. The Blessings on your wall remind me of my new blogger friend Angie at Freespirit Haven.

Cozy Home Scenes said...

Pretty bedding. I especially like the main white pillow on your bed.

xinex said...

I love the words above the bed. Your bedroom is so pretty, beautiful bed too!...Christine

SHARON WOOD said...

I just love your bedroom....I could see myself in it...love your Blessings on the wall

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

What a gorgeous room! The bed looks so welcoming and comfortable and the sentiment above the bed is priceless :)

Blessings!
Gail

Jacqueline said...

The bed looks straight out of a magazine. I love it and it is so restful. The saying above the bed is the perfect accessory. You were brilliant to use that and it fits so well. Have a ton of fun. We love the beach too, now why do I live where there is snow in the winter?????

Deanne said...

Oh, I really love your bed linen, it is so pretty and just right for your room!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

this is so pretty. Those linens are so soothing, and your furniture is lovely. I love those little bedside lamps too. Your Wallwords are perfect. What fun to have a beach house to decorate and to realax in. this bedroom looks like a wonderful place to do some of that relaxing. Thank you for linking it to Favorite Things Sat. laurie

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That is very nice! Not sure which direction we are going. We have decided we both will know when we see it. Thanks for sharing with me!