Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wonderful pink flowers



This week I received this beautiful flower arrangement - it was from my son's girlfriend. After much encouragement from us (mainly our son!) she had passed her driver's licence. She is 25 but as she lived in the city had no real need to drive - something us country people can't understand as we are really grounded if we don't drive.





Once she had passed her test we lent her our old car (the car I drive to work) as she was saving to buy her own. That day has come after 6 months of saving so in appreciation she sent me these flowers and Mr FH  received chocolates and nuts.


As you can see she knows me well when she ordered pink flowers!! They were just too pretty! I decided this week's table needed to include the flowers so the obvious choice would be a 'shabby' inspired table.


White and silver with a touch of pink - so gorgeous. As you can see I have used simple salt and pepper shakers (you can read the funny story about them here) and plain glassware.

 

Simple candlesticks and white candles are classic.
































I raided my supply of pink floral plates and added one as a salad plate.





































Aren't those beautiful dark green leaves so pretty against all the other soft colours.

My Old Country Roses china bowls from my collection (have a look at that here) finished off the table nicely.
  


Suzy 


10 comments:

Denise@alloverroses said...

Gorgeous flowers! What a very thoughtful girlfriend he has and how generous of you to loan her your car. The flowers look so lovely on your table.

Entertaining Women said...

Oooh, this precious girl sounds like a keeper! She chose beautiful flowers for you! You chose just the right elements to showcase the lovely centerpiece and gorgeous rose china. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Unknown said...

I love your pretty flower plates and pink things!

Tricia said...

Gorgeous table! How wonderful that you have just the perfect china to set off those stunning flowers!

Unknown said...

The flowers are gorgeous, and the setting is so romantic, love it!

Barbara said...

This is such a pretty table - flowers and china.

Alycia Nichols said...

Very soft and pretty! Those candlesticks are just gorgeous!!!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Gorgeous tablescape, Suzy! I love the pink bouquet and your china is so pretty! Happy Pink Saturday weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

★Carol★ said...

Flowers are always a great way to show appreciation! They're so pretty, and go perfectly with your lovely china!
Happy Pink Saturday,
Carol

Beverly said...

Welcome to your first Pink Saturday. I am so glad you joined us.

Your table is just lovely, and that is one sweet young lady you have in your life. I think you are all quite blessed.