Sunday, May 29, 2011

As blue as the sky

We are having the most gorgeous autumn weather here at the moment. The days are warm and sunny but this week we finally have some lovely rains coming our way.

I bought 2 blue dinner plates and matching side plates a while ago and I hadn't used them yet so I thought I would make a very feminine table out in the garden in the sunshine.





























I tied the plates and white bowls up with some strips of white tulle just to change things a little.



























Sparkling crystal glassware looked lovely on the white table.



























I used some of my white table runners which I had washed and dried in the dryer and left them un-ironed. I'm not sure if I like this look or not.....



























The gorgeous flowers belong in DNo 1's bedroom but they looked perfect on this table.







































Layers of gorgeous white tulle like this would be fabulous for a wedding.


























The plates are the same colour as the sky!!



                                                                        Suzy

                                    I'm joining     TuesdayTeaforTwo@ThePlumedPen

                                                         TeacupTesday@Martha'sFavorites
                                                        TeaTimeTuesday@RoseChintzCottage
                                                           TeaCupTuesday@artfulafirmations
                                                               TeaThings@Breathoffreshair
                                                           TabletopTuesday@AStrollThruLife
                                                   TablescapeThursday@BetweenNapsonthePorch
                                                          FridayPretties@iloveprettylittlethings
                                                           ShowandTell@MyRomanticHome
                                                   ShowOffYourCottage@TheHouseintheRoses
                                                          OpenhouseParty@NoMinimalistHere
                                                    FeatheredNestFriday@FrenchCountryCottage
                                                    HomeSweetHomeFriday@TheCharmofHome
                                                          FlauntItFriday@ChichonaShoestring
                                                       WowUsWednesday@SavySouthernStyle
                                                                 BlueMonday@SmilingSally
                                                                        InspirationalFriday@AtThePicketFence
                                                   FeatureYourselfFriday@FingerprintsOnTheFridge
                                                        ShowOffYourStuff@FirefliesandJellybeans
                                                  CreativeShareWednesday@TheTrendyTreehouse
                                                               AmazeMeMonday@DittleDattle

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzy,
I do love the color of blue on the plates! What a lovely table! It would be beautiful anytime of year, really.

SmilingSally said...

Love that beautiful baby blue.

Happy Blue Monday, Suzy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy! Oh, what a gorgeous table! Hope your weather is being cooperative and staying on the cooler side so you can really enjoy your lovely setting!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG Susie, that is outstanding! I love the soft blue, the tulle, the pretty plates!
It's hard for me to imagine it's Autumn where you are when we just have spring!
Cindy

Unknown said...

This is a stunning table it looks divine! love the flowers (Think I would also iron the runner) lol But the blue and all white is very very LUSH!

Love Dawn xx

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Suzy,
Love the baby blue! Your table is pretty enough to be a wedding table. I always love seeing tulle as it is so delicate and lends a softness to any setting. Thank you for sharing your pretty table with Tea Time today and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

What a simply gorgeous table. I love using tulle,
it is so sweet and weddingly!!
Very pretty table.
Blessings, Nellie

Pamela Gordon said...

This is such a beautiful table setting. I love the softness of it with the tulling and the soft blue and white. Blessings, Pamela

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the ice blue color of the plates, it really sets things off. Lovely.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

So beautiful, soft and elegant. I love it all. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Gail said...

I like your table, blue and white are my favorite.
My mom has flatware similar to yours, Damask Rose, lovely name.
I particularly like your blue plates for pure vanity reasons, they are the same shade of blue as my eyes.

Terri said...

Gorgeous! Who wouldn't want to have tea outside with a setting like yours!
I love your new blue plates. They look so stunning with white, and your fab white tea cups. Thank you so much for sharing today.
Hugs,
Terri

jessica said...

I like the touches of tulle!!

Linda said...

Wonderful photos!! Happy Outdoor Wednesday!!

Light and Voices said...

Stunning tablescape!
Joyce M

Arabella said...

Gorgeous! Visiting from White Wednesday - Hope you're having a great week.

Hugs,
Marie

JudyBug said...

Love your pics. I am learning that everything does not have to be ironed. I think it depends on a casual setting or more formal. More formal...I'm digging out the iron!

a quiet life said...

so pretty and i love your lav flower pot, gorgeous!

Miss Char said...

Love your summer table for two, the tulle adds such a girly touch to your table. Thanks for sharing.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Loved how you used the tulle and the soothing colors of the china, does remind me of sky... beautiful post!The roses look gorgeous and I loved the heart-shaped sugar,so cute!! Thanks for sharing with us. Dropping in from Inspiration Friday Party.~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

The Charm of Home said...

This is a pretty table. I love how you used the tulle and the gorgeous silver! Thanks for linking it up to HSH!
Sherry

Marlis said...

Love the white table.. especially with the blue accents. Many blessings, marlis

Wanda Lee said...

Dear Suzy,

This was just so pretty!.., Loved the blue and white and softness of everything!

Thanks so much for joining us for TTTT and also for the 84th, Tuesday Tea For Two this week..,(Pam is back from attending and celebrating her son's wedding with her family and friends. She says she should be back to resuming blogging by next Tuesday)..,

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

At The Picket Fence said...

What a lovely and feminine tablescape! Thank you so much for coming by and linking up to Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
Vanessa

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Suzy, This is such a pretty table and I love the blue plates and your stemware. Thank you for joining my party.
xo,
Sherry

CIELO said...

What a lovely tablescape and settings... very elegant too! Thanks for participating in our Show Off Your Cottage Monday and brining me here! Have the most enchanted day

Cielo

Anonymous said...

Thank u for the wonderful pics. They are just lovely. Just where u keep all of this is beyond me. I want to start collecting but until I have my own home it's hard not to wish for some loveliness in my life like this.