Monday, November 28, 2011

Candy Stripes

 I was all set yesterday with a post (in my head!!) ready for Seasonal Sunday but it is now Monday night here in Australia so I guess I missed that!! I had a lovely few days in the city with my daughters and their children. I didn’t get much Christmas shopping done but I guess that will happen sometime in the next few weeks!
We have had some strange weather -  finally the rain has stopped so we are able to start our harvest then we had two days of extremely dangerous conditions (you may have heard about the fires at Margaret River) then we had some rain and today it has been perfect for harvest.  I took the opportunity to set a little candy striped table outside before it gets too hot. Mind you the flies just about carried me away!!
IMG_2418a
IMG_2415a
IMG_2417a
IMG_2416a
IMG_2419a
IMG_2420a
IMG_2422a
IMG_2423a
IMG_2426a
IMG_2427a
IMG_2432a
IMG_2433a
IMG_2436a
There is nothing new on this table. Just bits and bobs I have gathered up from around the house. The flatware is my favourite by far… I also love the napkins folded like that so I could tuck a flower into them…….and the striped cups and saucers are also very cute….in fact these really are my favourite colours.
Suzy

pink 1






15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What pretty colors! Happy Monday...here! Enjoy your day! ♥

Mary Howell Cromer said...

The sorbet/sherbet colours make me happy~

Kim, USA said...

Wow where did you get this colorful dishes, I so love it. I feel like a little girl playing house ^_^

Advent Tablesetting

Snap said...

I love your tablescape. Love the pastel colors. A very happy table! Happy Tea Day!

Unknown said...

Oh, how I love all the great colors here! LOVELY!!

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Glad you had a wonderful visit in the city. These are such pretty colours, Suzy! I really like the pink gingham table covering. All your dishes are so happy. Nice post and thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The pastel colours of your tea are delightful and I love the cutlery.
Judith

Pamela Gordon said...

Very pretty colours! So summery, which it is down under, even though it's almost Christmas. However, I like the fact that you can dine outdoors and enjoy the lovely weather in November. Have a great day! Blessings, Pamela

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Suzy,
Love your pastel table, love the combination of pink and green always, and that cute pink polkadot flatware is adorable. Like a breath of Spring....
So enjoyed the pictures,
Blessing for a Wonderful Christmas Season!
Nellie

Cottage and Broome said...

Suzy, thanks for stopping by to see our cards. I see we both love pink, really like the cake plate and bowls. I always love seeing what's happening on the other side of the world. Will be your newest follower, Laura - Cottage and Broome

Anonymous said...

very fun~

Lui said...

What a pretty table setting!

LV said...

You are not alone, the entire world has had strange weather this year. From what is being said, it will not be any better next year. There is so much beauty in your country. I loved it there and truly enjoyed all the pretty things you shared today.

Alycia Nichols said...

I love this table, Suzy!!! I just adore the whimsy of it all!!! I like pastel colors, and this is just such a happy table! The flatware is VERY fun, and I am really, really fond of the striped cups!!! The gold rim makes them just a little bit sophisticated without being "snooty." I love that fencing in the back, too. I have never seen fencing like that before in whole logs. That is very different...very cool!

The Charm of Home said...

What a pretty table! Very nice! Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry