Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tis the season for cleaning!!

We are home at the farm house for a few days while the shearers come in and shear our sheep. This takes about 3 days for our ewes to be done so I have decided that the weather is just perfect for a bit of spring cleaning (I know it’s full summer here but at the moment we are having beautiful spring weather). This always seems to happen when the Christmas decorations are packed away. I didn’t have too many to pack up at the farm house because most of ours were at the beach house this year but the house looked like a clean slate just waiting to be rearranged.

I started with a nearly empty dresser and I felt it really needed some nice earthy bits and pieces so as usual I looked around and put together a few pieces from everywhere!

IMG_2597a

Things look a little sad here…my gorgeous big white pitchers went to the beach house for Christmas and will probably stay there now.

IMG_2611a

IMG_2619a

IMG_2620a

IMG_2621a

IMG_2622a

IMG_2623a

IMG_2611aa

I really like this look for a change – DNo 2 visited and commented how much she liked it – I don’t think my daughters like my pink things much!!

                                    Suzy

                    I’m joining MetamorphosisMonday@BetweenNapsonthePorch

                                                        SeasonalSunday@TheTablescaper

 

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

It's chilly here, so a bit of spring/summer is nice to see. Everything looks good. You must have a lot of sheep!♥♫

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Hi Suzy this is Barb @ Grits and Glamour. Just stopping by to say congrats! You are the winner of my Blog Header giveaway. Email me at barbgarrettnc@yahoo.com, so we can discuss what kind of header you want. I can't wait to get started on it. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy! Oh, I love how you've dressed your hutch! Just beautiful.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

citicasita said...

I like this look, but I ll oo vv ee the hutch (dresser)!
Thanks for sharing,
Diddie

Gail said...

I like the creamy whites and natural browns - 2 tone decor always looks fresh.

Linda M. said...

Your hutch look great! Oh, to be in spring or summer weather... if only I could. Have a wonderful week. Warmly, Linda

Terri said...

It is a gorgeous look! Perfect to start the year off.
The white along with the browns is beautiful. Everything looks so well done!
Hugs,
Terri

The Tablescaper said...

Love the change. Great way to start the New Year.

I'm so happy you brought your post to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper