Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cool Blue

We are still experiencing terrible hot weather here – thankfully we have air conditioning and a pool and the beach nearby so it is bearable!! The farmhouse is a little different….no beach, no pool and air conditioning but not right through the house so our trip home to check on things and do a few chores was a little hard to take! I did manage to finish off some office work and get rid of an amazing number of spider webs which have just appeared in two weeks! We are back at the beachhouse now so I thought I would share this simple ‘hot day’ table I set the other day. I thought the simple blue and white table with no cloth and simple centrepiece was the ‘coolest’ thing I could do.
Mr FH and I are here at the farmhouse by ourselves this week..it’s so quiet without our families all here with us but I must admit I will be looking forward to them coming to visit again soon.
IMG_3598a
IMG_3600a
IMG_3599a
IMG_3601a
IMG_3602a
IMG_3604a
IMG_3605a
IMG_3606a
IMG_3608a
IMG_3610a
I bought these placemats off ebay ages ago. They are just so not me!!!  I think they were the first things I ever won and I was so excited but when they arrived I nearly died! They have been stashed away in the cupboard ever since!! The seem to be just right for a table to make us feel cool.
                                Suzy


I'm joining
 






SeasonalSunday@TheTablescaper
CowgirlUp@FarmhousePorch
WednesdayLinkyParty@AdornedFromAbove
Show&TellFriday@MyRomanticHome

19 comments:

bj said...

What a beautiful, cool looking table. I love the whole thing...
Over from Your Gonna Love it...:))

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I think the placemats are great and it all does look so cool!
Visiting from Table Talk Tuesday!

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

Love the blue and white table setting!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love this table, so pretty with the blues!
We are just the opposite here, cold, cold.
Cindy

Highland Monkey's said...

Great table layout. I think the blue does make things seem cooler. Spiders seem to have a habit of moving in!!

Marlis said...

Oh gosh, the flatware is just fabulous!!! That alone would make me feel cooler. But the blue does the trick. Looking forward to a fun 2013 at your tables.. xo marlis

Sarah said...

The cool blues and whites of this lovely tablescape should offer you a refreshing relief from the heat. ;-)

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

It does feel nice and cool! I like this fresh look!
Stay cool!
Karen

Marigene said...

You may not like the placemats, but they are perfect with the dishes you have chosen for a cool look...I saw something today about how hot it has been and going to be in Australia this year, they had to add more colors to the temperature chart. Hope you will be able to find lots of relief from the heat, Susie.

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Hi Suzy- Thanks for joining my new party! I had a few linky issues so had to repost! Your tablesetting looks great! Are you gearing up for the Australian Open??? Thanks for your continued support! laura@imnotatrophywife.com

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your blue is just gorgeous. Such a cool look for warm weather. I love it. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Your blue and white look so pretty and fresh together, thank you so much for sharing at the Pretty Things Party at twelveOeight!

xoxo, Tanya

Dawn said...

Love the blue and white combo, it is nice to do a new color after Christmas. Thanks for sharing at the Cabin!

Maria C said...

After the overly decorated homes of the holidays, your table is so refreshing! I love the blue and white combination and those white tulips are a wonderful addition. When I saw your chairs, it brought a pang of nostalgia. We inherited a set of chairs like yours from my mother-in-law and we used them for over 20 years until, finally, this past year we had to replace them. Love your blue glasses!

The HOME GIRL said...

Such a pretty, refreshing looking tablescape! I love the multi-colors of blue! Looking forward to checking out your other posts! Have a great weekend!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love the blue and white combo, and the glasses are so pretty!
Looks way cool!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Patti

Anonymous said...

I am a blue and green girl too! Love the table and seeing a little color on a dreary day in NC.
Melinda Hartzog

Diann said...

I love how clean and refreshing this table looks. The blue and white is just perfect. Thank you for sharing at TTF. have a wonderful week!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely tablescape at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love the Blue & White!

Jody