Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Update at the beach house

I have been really loving the beautiful houses I see in blogland with a more neutral decor. I decided to take down the print I had on the wall in the living area at the beach house and try something new. I brought a large mirror from the living area at the farmhouse down to the beach house to try but it was a little too much the same colour as the walls. I could have painted it but deep down I really liked it at the farm house so back it went. (I seem to be forever taking things back and forward much to Mr FH disbelief!!). Mr FH had given me this pine mirror years ago for Christmas and I really didn’t have a home for it so I hung it in our city unit (much to SNo 1’s disgust as he didn’t like it!!) and decided to bring it back and try a little paint on it. Got that?? Yeah, I know a bit confusing with all this swapping and changing.
Well, it started out ok. I taped it all and started to paint it a basic off white colour. Not what I wanted. In fact I didn’t even get a photo. Next I thought I would add some stain but somehow it just looked terrible!! You will agree when you see the photo!! So I quickly jumped in my car and raced to the hardware store and picked up a tin of spray paint. I couldn’t cover it all quick enough!. I am quite happy with the new look. It certainly looks better than all the other options. I have just arrived back from the farm so I had to take a few quick snaps and it looks like I nearly jagged the ‘blue hour’.
IMG_5404a
IMG_5405a
IMG_3752a
IMG_3754a
IMG_3753a
IMG_3756a
IMG_3757
I couldn’t get a decent photo of the whole room in the dull light so at the moment this will have to do. I really don’t know how these bloggers who paint their furniture all the time make it sound so easy!! Obviously I just don’t have that skill.

                               Suzyq

                              I'm joining


SeasonalSunday@TheTablescaper
CowgirlUp@FarmhousePorch
WednesdayLinkyParty@AdornedFromAbove
MondayFunday@Uncommon

14 comments:

Chubby Chieque said...

WoW… from a boring frame to the most appealing mirror frame evah.
Isn't it amazing what a lil strike of paint that make our world go round?

Love this.

Happy TTT and enjoy your week ahead.

Greetings from a freezing Stockholm,
/CC girl

Patricia said...

Ha Ha ! I can't believe you said that ! I also read all the blogs where they are painting their furniture all the time, and it comes out just beautifully ! I try it, and it's a disaster !! Your mirror, however, looks lovely ! Good Job !

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the redo, the frame is so beautiful now. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Dawn said...

Great color for the frame, it gives it that time worn look. Perfect! Thanks for linking up at the Cabin!

Adorned From Above said...

The frame came out beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop 36.
Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
Nichi @ The Mandatory Mooch

xinex said...

Beautiful frame on the mirror. You have a beautiful home and I enjoyed looking...Christine

Jennie@gotmyreservations.com said...

Some days I think I'll do a little crafty thing and then life gets in the way. You should applaud yourself for actually getting a job finished! Very nice change to the pine.

Anonymous said...

So where is the Tablescape for Tablescape Thursday???

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Haha... I don't have that "make it look so easy painting furniture" skill either, but at least you tackled the project! Great improvement over the "before."

Sarah said...

I'm not one of those brave enough to start painting furniture. '-) So kudos to you! It looks great.
I tried to respond to your comment on my blog, but I can't find an email for you. Change settings to Registered Users. Seems to be working. '-)

Sarah said...

I'm not one of those brave enough to start painting furniture. '-) So kudos to you! It looks great.
I tried to respond to your comment on my blog, but I can't find an email for you. Change settings to Registered Users. Seems to be working.

The Tablescaper said...

So neat. Great job.

Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Love the frame and how it turned out! Thanks for sharing your inspirational post at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

Jody

Kathy said...

Beautifully done Suzy. Sometimes things don't turn out like we envision - but paint is so forgiving - you can keep trying - I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy