Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tea tray for two


I just had to make a quick tablescape using my 'beautiful' new cutlery which you can read about here. I had been given this pretty plate for my birthday a few years ago and had found it to be a bit bright for my decor but now I have spread my wings a bit and am willing to try lots of different colours it just seemed perfect today.



The gorgeous yellows and oranges of the poppies were perfect with my orange cutlery and yellow sideplates. Green rafia held the cutlery in place.


This photo makes me think of a bunch of fresh carrots!!!


























I have been taking a lot of my photos out on my front porch lately. It's winter here in Australia so the light in my kitchen is not so great so whenever we have a little bit of winter sunshine I head outdoors.


This tray is set up for a simple little morning tea for two.


























If I'd been told a few years ago I would be decorating with oranges, yellows and greens I would never have believed it. My mind now is open to so many new ideas.


Suzy


                                                         I'm joining TabletopTuesday@AStrollThruLife
                               TablescapeThursday@BetweenNapsonthePorch
                                                            TeatimeTuesday@LadyKatherine'sTeaPalor
                                                                 TuesdayTeaForTwo@ThePlumedPen
                                                                   TeacupTuesday@Martha'sFavorite
                                                                   TeaTimeTuesday@RoseChintzCottage
                                                                    TeaCupTuesday@ArtfulAffirmations
                                                                 WOWUsWednesday@SavvySouthernStyle
                                                                    mailto:Tell@MyRomanticHome
                                                                    MosaicMonday@LittleRedHouse















22 comments:

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Beautiful post! Love the hues of colours! So inviting setting! Love it:)
Hope to see you on my blog:)

a quiet life said...

great colors and pics~

Tea & Chocolate Guy said...

Love the colours you have brought together!! I know what you mean about orange ... but it is one that I'm finding I'm liking more these days too! Happy Wednesday..HHL

GardenOfDaisies said...

Such happy colors! ONe can't help but feel delighted to be sitting at that tea table!

Kim said...

Gorgeous tablescape - I love all the bright and cheery colors. Well done!!
I'm here from Kim's party and I'm a new follower. Hope you stop by for a visit sometime.
xoxo,
Kim

Alycia Nichols said...

Suzy, I am DIGGIN' the colors!!!!!!!! I decorate with orange quite a bit (it's the predominant color in our dining room), and it is such a happy and invigorating color. I agree with you on that one photo looking like a bunch of fresh carrots. Cool!!! Winter in Australia, huh? We'd do just about anything to take some of those cool temps here to balance out the heat. It has been in the triple digits for several days here in the Midwest, U.S.A. There have been many heat related deaths, and our electric bills are skyrocketing. Ugh! Blow a little cool air this direction, won't you? :-) Have a great weekend!

Marigene said...

That's a fun table...love the bright colors!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous display, lovely colors!

hugs
Charo

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Suzy, isn't it funny how time stretches us? At least we're not boring! Your brightly colored tray is so very cheerful, and I'm glad you shared it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy, Did you know that Orange is the colour of "Creativity". I always find it interesting when people say that they are surprised that they are somehow drawn toward orange when it's not their usual colour......your creative juices are on fire!! :) Love the pics...how very very creative....I'm hungry now...hehehe How cool to rock up to a table in a cafe' to find it set like that!! You have a knack.
Keep it going!!
Together in stitches
Natalie :)

Maggie said...

What a gorgeous tea tray vignette, the colours all complement each other, a great mix & match.
I can see what you mean about the "carrot" shot!
Maggie @ Normandy Life

Anonymous said...

Oh the colours are so happy and cheery together. Love your post! Blogging and pininterest has expanded my colour pallette beyond my wildest expectations!

Veronica
www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

Shirley @ The Gardening Life said...

What a cheerful summery post! Love the bright colours! Have a terrific week!

Ingmarie We said...

Such colourful settings. So lovely and merry, I feel happy when I see your photos.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

So inviting table..love those colours..gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this beautiful summery post!
My dear friend, I would love to see you on my blog:)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love orange. I don't have it in my home, but it is my favorite color. I adore that flatware. Wonderful!!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello SuzyQ,
that is a very happy table setting. Like sunshine on the table. Your new flatware is great. Thank you for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a great trayscape. I love the orange. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Pamela Gordon said...

HI Suzy, I love your carrot orange cutlery and the bright colours of your tea tray vignette! Very nice! Pamela

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Suzy,
Your oranges and yellows would brighten up any winter day, I'm sure. Wonderful photos and tea tray. Thanks for sharing with Tea Time and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Pondside said...

The setting made me think of fresh oranges - perfect for a dull day!

Terri said...

The colors you are creating with look amazing together. Your tea setting is gorgeous and fun. What a wonderful way to brighten up a winter tea!
Hugs,
Terri