Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Red is for Valentine….

And also for Birthday!!!  It was my birthday last Thursday and as I had to work Mr FH and I set off for the beach house on Friday morning. First off we met my mother, sister and girlfriend for coffee then when we arrived at the beach house  both our daughters (along with 4 grandies!!) had arrived to help celebrate.  They had arrived with all the ingredients to cook a birthday dinner for me. My job was to set the table for dinner. LOL. I dived into the cupboard and pulled out the red placemats and candles. Next on the list were the black candle sticks.

 

IMG_2658a

IMG_2661a

IMG_2662a

IMG_2665a

IMG_2668a

IMG_2669a

Very simple but just fine for the four of us! Once we had the four kids tucked up in bed the girls started cooking……. I love Indian food so they cooked Butter Chicken, Rogan Josh, Rice, Papadams,  Mango Chutney and Garlic Naan Bread. Just delicious!!

IMG_2670a

IMG_2672aa

IMG_2673a

We had a yummy Baked Cheesecake with a macaroon topping for dessert but I forgot to take photos after we had shared 2 bottles of Verve champagne! It was a wonderful night and a great weekend to follow when the husbands arrived and also our son and his partner. Just gorgeous family time.

Suzy

I’m joining :

TabletopTuesday@AStrollThruLife

TeaTimeTuesday@RoseChintzCottage

WOWUSWednesday@SavvySouthernStyle

CreativeShareWednesday@TrendyTreehouse

ShowOffYourStuff@FirefliesandJellybeans

OverflowingWithCreativity@It'sOverflowing

TablescapeThursday@BetweenNapsonthePorch

FeatureYourselfFriday@FingerprintsontheFridge

InspirationFriday@AtThePicketFence

FlauntItFriday@ChiconaShoestring

Show&TellFriday@MyRomanticHome

FeatheredNestFriday@FrenchCountryCottage

HomeSweetHomeFriday@TheCharmofHome

FridaysUnfold@Stuff&Nonsense

PotpourriFriday@2805

FarmhouseFriday@LaurieAnna'sVintageHome

SeasonalSunday@TheTablescaper

3 comments:

illini89 said...

Hi
your dinner sounds so good!

My question though, is about the font you use in your post. Would you mind sharing?

Please stop by for my new blog party-New Recipe Sunday! Would love to hear from you.

illini89 said...

Hello! and THANK YOU. I have just started learning about windows live writer and after only minutes am so totally in love! THANK YOU!

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely post at Potpourri Friday!