Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine Day

This week I’m cheating a little…..this is a post I did a long time ago when I first started blogging. Life just seems to be taking over my blogging Laughing out loud! I really think I’m spending too much time at the beach house but last weekend we enjoyed the most beautiful weather there so it’s so hard to stay at the farm house for the weekend………..
Finally, our weather has cooled off enough for me to get outside and set a table... I thought I would do this little table suitable for a Valentine's Day breakfast with Mr FH.  I shifted lugged my table and chairs off the front porch (in Australia we call it a verandah but I think porch is so much more romantic..) and set them up under a tree in the shade. Then I gathered up lots of vintage bits and pieces I had put away just for a table like this and packed it all up in a picnic hamper..
I love the soft creamy white colours of the old china and the cute bowls I added for fruit.
How beautiful are these wonderful old salt and peper shakers? When I found them they were so dirty I have had to scrub them clean - I haven't used silver cleaner as I really love them the way they are.
Life on the farm looks pretty good here - it's hard to believe we had the most amazing storm yesterday...
I found a box of vintage cutlery but sadly most of the bone handles have all broken so I will be on the look out for some replacements.
I will be joining Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for her lovely Tablescape Thursday to see all the wonderful tables this week.

Suzy
I’m joining :

23 comments:

Marilyn said...

Isn't it funny, we HAVE porches, and verandah sounds ever so much more romantic to me! Lovely, no matter when you posted it because I most likely wouldn't have seen it OR remembered it. Enjoy your good weather-we just had a bit more snow after last week's blizzard.♥♫

Antiques And Teacups said...

Rerun or not...its a lovely post! The Crinoline Lady pattern teacup is a very popular and collectible art deco design. I love it! Thanks for sharing & thanks for linking with Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Chubby Chieque said...

Love the ambiance.

Looking around the nature and your treasure? This is the best scene I can't ever have in reality, this time of the year.

TY for sharing.

Greetings from a freezing Stockholm,
/chie

Pamela Gordon said...

What a pretty post. I love the picnic basket filled with all the vintage treasures for tea. Lovely! It's going down to -18 here in New Brunswick Canada tonight!!! Brrrrr. Blessings, Pamela

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Suzy! In the Southern part of the U.S., the term "veranda" is used quite often. It's also used in the Midwest and other areas of the country, but will less frequency, I think. I always think "veranda" or "verandah" sounds so much classier! I think in terms of "I have to go sweep off the front porch" but using the term veranda makes the task sound so much more romantic! :-) I think it's great that you're able to pull these beautifully romantic photos from the past to post! It's understandable that you get busy with life. After all, you're a human first, a blogger second! Hope your weekend at the beach house was a good one!

Ann said...

Your vignettes are absolutely beautiful. Visiting from Outdoor Wednesday.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thank you, Suzy, for sharing your picnic basket filled with lovely pieces. There's something ever so charming about a picnic basket! The patterns are lovely.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Yes, life can do that! I am so glad you are having fun. Thank you for re sharing your post, it is such a beautiful one and I loved seeing it.
Hugs,
Terri

Jocelyn said...

So very lovely and romantic. Beautifully displayed.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

betty-NZ said...

Everything tastes and looks better outdoors! Great shots.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, like a Jane Austin book!

highheeledlife said...

Perfect setting for a luncheon for two!! ... and I think the word veranda is romantic... wishing you fabulous day whether you are at the beach house or the farm..ENJOY..happy TT

Unknown said...

beautiful post! thanks for sharing your beautiful photos,Joann

chateau chic said...

What a beautiful and romantic setting!
Mary Alice

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty --- thanks for the repost....I enjoyed seeing this. I know about life getting busy so thats always a great time to look back and enjoy.

a quiet life said...

so pretty i love this~

Tea in Texas said...

I'm glad you posted this again! You are ready for a picnic tea party! The antique and vintage china, crystal, and silver is so beautiful. Have a Happy Valentine's Day. Happy Tea Party! Pam

Scribbler said...

Well, it may be a rerun, but it is still lovely!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! thanks for sharing Joann

The Tablescaper said...

So perfectly romantic. I'm so happy that you decided to join Seasonal Sundays. Hope you'll be here next week too!

- The Tablescaper

Honey at 2805 said...

What a gorgeous picnic! Everything is stunning! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh how beautifully romantic! I love the picnic basket with the beautiful china in it, and the setting under the tree looks so romantic. (it's funny, I love the word "veranda" and think it sounds more romantic than "porch" ~ I guess because it's whatever wird we are not accustomed to using). I'm so glad you re-posted this and linked it to my Valentine party. laurie

Unknown said...

AMAZING! This turned out FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee