Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Orange Squash

We have had some really hot weather here lately – just as summer is winding down. Actually last Thursday’s weather was described as catastrophic!! And that was spot on…it was terrible. So I decided I needed a new refreshing table to cool things down (it worked, it’s actually raining today!!lol). I have been back at my sister’s gift shop doing a bit of re-arranging and displaying new giftware (my favourite job!!) so I thought I would share with you a lovely sunny orange tablescape I put together. As this was the display for the window I found it a bit hard controlling the light but I think you’ll get the idea.
IMG_2688a
IMG_2689a
IMG_2691a
IMG_4531a
IMG_2690a
IMG_4533a
Most of the orange tableware is melamine picnic ware but I have teamed it with some lovely white china bowls. I just love the fact that mixing things up like that is so acceptable these days – who would have thought of doing this about 5 years ago?? Not me for sure. I had to have a complete set of everything!
Aren’t these bird cages just fabulous…….
Suzy

I’m joining :

9 comments:

Brenda said...

WOW, girl, you have done an amazing job displaying these very beautiful items. Orange is my favorite color. I bet it helps sales too! Simply wonderful!
Brenda

regan said...

Gorgeous display.....I'm such a fan of orange! Love it!

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

You did a great job on that display. It looks like a store that I would love to browse around in for a bit.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How sunny! Don't you love all the choices and combinations available these days? To think there was a time I thought only two china patterns was plenty! HA!

NeeCee said...

Love the clean crisp look of your tablescape! Orannge has really caught my eye lately....loving it! Would love to have you visit my blog....I love hearing comments and fresh ideas. Found you at my daughters site,Trendy Treehouse...hope you stop by for a visit, I
just became your #235.....have a grat day,,,NeeCee at pinecreekstyle.blogspot.com

Honey at 2805 said...

What a cute tablesscape! The tangerine/orange is a terrific color! Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

LOVE the orange and white!! Beautiful! thank you for linking up to Uncommon! Bonnie :)

Cottage and Broome said...

Those orange dishes are fun!

The Charm of Home said...

Very cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry