Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sunny Tablescape






Did I say that I didn't have any yellow china???? Well, I don't as such but I set myself a challenge of preparing a yellow tablescape for Thursday's fun just to see what I could find in my cupboards. I think I did ok!!

This gorgeous platter was a birthday gift from my dear friend (yes, the one who buys me lots of nice things!) and I have had it for many years.
My sunroom (which you have all seen - and is pink and green now) was at one stage blue and yellow. I have collected a large amount of blue and white china over the years and had just a few pieces with yellow on to go with it.

This serving platter is so cute with the pretty little girls on it.

 

I started out with a buttercup yellow throw on my table I set by the window in my sunroom. A couple of blue birdhouses off my front porch were dusted off and added to the table - these used to live in the blue and yellow sunroom but now adorn my porch.



I love birdhouses but they don't see to be in fashion for decorating as they were a while back - such a shame cos they are so cute!



White chargers started off the stack of china. Next a pretty blue plate with white daisies around the edge topped with a white plate with sprigs of spring flowers and butterflies on. 





A pale blue napkin held in place with a white holder and some pretty blue and white flowers brings the whole setting together.



My two blue candles are sitting in hand painted bowls which DNo 1 pruchased for me when she had a trip to Turkey. They are just gorgeous.




As my table was very small and seemed to be quite full I decided to set out the coffee mugs, milk jug and sugar bowl on my little cupboard just near my door.



I had these gorgeous white flowers in a jug on my kitchen table so I transferred them into this great jug to match the cups - the blue flowers in the jug are fake but I like that little bit of extra colour.



I puchased this jug and the four matching mugs at a little gift shop many years ago when they were having a sale - they were all $2 each but sadly over the years I have broken a couple of the mugs.



Aren't they just too cute???



Hope you enjoy my sunny yellow and blue table.

Suzy

I'm joining Susan@BetweenNapsonthePorch for Tablescape Thursday











18 comments:

Marigene said...

Suzy, your table for two is darling...blue and yellow go so nicely together, the way you have layered them looks so nice. That platter is so cute, reminds me of myself and two sisters!

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Suzy, I am so glad you came by my blog. Yes you and I have so much in common which is exactly why I started following your blog...if we lived closer, we could get into so much trouble perusing the antique shops, quilting, going on shop-hops and setting the table oh and celebrating our birthday's since we're the same age:)
Isn't the world of blog so much fun?!
See you soon Australian friend,
Terry

Lynn said...

Cute setting, I like the platter, you can't help but smile looking at it!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I really love blue and yellow and those dishes are just so charming!
I love this pretty table and the little side table too!
Cindy

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Such a pretty table, the birdhouses are so cute!

Donna

Tricia said...

What a pretty table! I especially love the way you've layered the plates, and the top plate is my favorite. The napkin and flowers look great atop the placesetting! Blue and white and yellow are so wonderful together!

Unknown said...

Beautiful setting Suzzy, the platter is so cute.

Hugs
Charo

Marlis said...

I love your table! the blue white yellow combo is refreshing and inviting.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That platter and those cups are adorable. Your whole table is sweet as can be! Enjoyed seeing it!!

Barbara said...

I love the color scheme - so fresh and pretty. I love that platter.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

What a wonderful table. I love how you stacked your dishes! That looks wonderful. Love the theme and the colors are so summery and beautiful. You did a wonderful job putting it all together. I love the little birdhouses too!
Blessings,
Debbie

Requi Tablescaping Escapades said...

Suzy, you set an adorable blue and yellow tablescape. The vignette setting is so cute, too. The platter and coffee set characters are so fun and playful.

Requi

Cynthia said...

Blue and yellow always look great together. Love the daisy plates. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I really do hope most people take it as a compliment when someone uses their idea, I know I do! I really like your sunny yellow tablescape! You certainly did a great job for not having yellow dishes. I love blue and yellow together! Always!

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

This is such a beautiful tablescape! Blue and white is always so fresh and I just love the little birdhouses!

Manuela

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How sweet. Love your platter - the blues and greens look so pretty together. I'm a fan of birds and birdhouses as well -- glad I grabbed a few when they were easy to find.

Americana Lady said...

All your dishes are so cute and whimsical! You have created a nice vignette for your tablescape. Keep your flag-a-wavin'...Joan

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Yes. blue and yellow look always friendly and neat. You have so nice plates and the go so pretty togehter. Love the flowers in the napkin rings and the birdhouses are sweet. Nice tablescape. And I love your header.
Greetings, Johanna