Monday, December 12, 2011

Metamorphosis Monday

I have been trying to finish off my Christmas decorating. I have found this a little hard this year as I have decorations at the farm house and also at the beach house and they all seem to be at the wrong house!! Talking of houses we’ve had a busy time this last week…..last Monday we were hit by a severe storm and it dumped 4 1/2 inches of rain – mainly on the farmhouse!! Rain like that at this time of the year is just what we don’t need. Harvest has come to a grinding holt and we’ve been busy doing sheep work. We had a quick trip to the beach house which was unexpected but nice. We received quite a bit of flooding in our house – mainly on the south side where our familyroom, office and main bedroom are. Carpets have been really soaked so we are waiting for our insurance company to sort this out. I’m still trying to finalise last months storm damage to our electrical goods!

In between all of this I have done a quick redo of the kitchen dresser with a few Christmas plates. It’s amazing how you get into the feel of Christmas once the decorations start to appear!

IMG_2463a
IMG_2464a
IMG_2465a
IMG_2466a
IMG_2468a
IMG_2469a
I was able to set our Christmas lunch table while I was at the beach house on the weekend so I was happy to have that ready and waiting!!
Suzy

I'm joining

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Suzy, your china & decor is wonderful! I can imagine your table setting so beautifully ...

Merry Christmas
TTFN ~
Marydon

highheeledlife said...

Wow.. I'm happy that you and your family are ok.. the rest the insurance can sort it out (sending little prayers that they do not drag their feet on anything..) and all will be restored as before.

Your china is brilliant I love the ribbon detail around the edge of the plates.
Stay strong ...xo and Blessings, HHL

Donna said...

I am really loving your red, white and green.
Very pretty.

Terri said...

Hello Suzi,
I am sorry to hear about the storms in your area and the damage to your house. I do hope it gets sorted it well and soon.
Your cabinet looks lovely decked out for Christmas. The china looks so festive and your tea mugs are lovely.
Hugs,
Terri

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love the china. So perfect with the white ironstone!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Suzy,
Oh, so sorry about the flooding. Hope the insurance sorts it all out for you.
Your Christmas china is so pretty with its ribbon on the edge. Love the stand decorated too.

Merry Christmas,
Sandi

Tea in Texas said...

Goodness, how calm you are with all that's happening to you. I hope better days are on their way. The Christmas decor is lovely. Please, I would love to know the name of your china. Happy Tea Time! Pam

paperbutterfly said...

Thank you for joining in our Christmas tea. It was more special because you were here. Love the white dishes with a dash of Christmas colour!
Hope everything gets back to normal quickly!

Blessings,
Pam

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Sorry about the bad weather. Love your pretty Christmas dishes -- your kitchen looks delightful.

Alycia Nichols said...

Oh, Suzy...I am SO sorry to hear about the water getting into your house! That is SO frustrating, and I know it makes such a big mess. I hope you have been able to get most of it taken care of and that the insurance company will be fair with you. I'm glad you have the Christmas spirit despite the bad luck with the flooding damage. Your dishes are beautiful and you have displayed them in such a pretty way! Have a happy weekend, and stay dry! :-)

Honey at 2805 said...

Your kitchen looks wonderful and festive! So sorry about the water problem.

Thank you for sharing the season at Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home and have a very Merry Christmas!
Sherry