Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What a Christmas!!

We had a really lovely Christmas with our children, their partners and children plus many members of my family. Christmas Day saw us enjoying wonderful food, presents and great company. Boxing Day however, was another story……

Mr FH had a massive reaction to ‘something’! on Boxing Day night. We still don’t know what caused this but it was so scary. He started having problems breathing and his face and lips had started to swell at an alarming pace. Luckily I had our daughter and son with us (one is a nurse, the other a paramedic) so I had a great support crew. After spending the night in hospital he came home to the beach house and slept all day yesterday. Today he’s up and about but still not bubbling over. We have come home to the farm for a couple of days then back to the beach house for New Year.

I have some photos to share with you of my sideboard at the beach house. I have taken photos of our Christmas tables but with all the confusion (and worry!!) I haven’t even looked at them yet. Hopefully I will have time for all of that tomorrow.






























I love the look of silver and white – especially at Christmas.

Suzy


12 comments:

Marilyn said...

I hope all continues to go well for you. Anaphylaxis is very frightening and can begin anywhere in the life cycle. Just takes one peanut.. or seed etc. and away it goes. Now that you know though, you can be prepared and maybe carry an epipen for insurance.
I love your pics and can't wait to see the ones of your Christmas table :)

Marilyn said...

What a scary time! Glad to hear that things are better. Relax and enjoy each other. I'm very fond of your silver candle holders. Maybe I'll hunt some down in 2012. Happy New Year.♥♫

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Stunning. You are so right, silver and white is always beautiful. I hope you DH is better and up and about, sounds really scary. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

On Crooked Creek said...

Suzy,
So sorry that your husband is having some days of discomfort. Prayers that all will be well soon! Visiting from TT! Lovely silver and white!The little silver NOEL sign stole my heart!
Fondly,
Pat

Marlis said...

I certainly hope he is doing better. your sideboard is stunning with the white pieces on it. Here's hoping the new year brings much warmth, cheer and many, many blessings. xo marlis

Unknown said...

Beautiful! happy new year!

Revi said...

I love it, too! What a pretty vignette. :)
I'm glad your Mr. is better. What a scare!
Here's to a happy New Year!
-Revi

CJ Foss said...

Love the sideboard, keeping it simple, silver and elegant. Glad to know your support crew was with you when your husband went through his "episode." Glad to hear he is on the mend. That kind of thing brings us to our knees, and reinforces what is important and what is not. Happy New Year to you both. ~CJ

CJ Foss said...

SuzyQ, I'm starting a new weekend blog party and would love to have you join me with your special Australian perspective! CJ

Unknown said...

Such a pretty sideboard. Hoping hubby is feeling fully well soon and discovers the source of his allergic reaction. Happy New Year!

Honey at 2805 said...

I certainly hope he is doing much better! The pictures are all beautiful!

Thank you for for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

The Charm of Home said...

So sorry for the hospital stay. That is never any fun. Beautiful vignette. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry