Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Re-do

I have been having a tough week – what with all the weather problems we are having (Mr FH just had the header bogged today!) I have now torn my groin muscle! Talk about it never rains unless it pours. I haven’t been able to get a post ready for you but I didn’t want to miss the fun so here’s what I have to offer.
I am doing a re-post of our Christmas a couple of years ago when I first started blogging!! How things have changed……

                                                                                             Does anyone recognise this box??

I found this tucked under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning - it was a beautiful diamond ring from my husband.  It is just stunning.....what a start to a fabulous day! We had the most wonderful time at my sister's town house on the canals in Mandurah - a gorgeous seaside town on our coast. Our kids were all there (at some stage or other) as were my sister and her family and my MUM.  My other sister and her family were unfortunately not able to come too.
          
We decorated the table in black and silver (not colours I normally use) but I thought they looked very elegant. What do you think??
We started our morning with icey cold champagne (we arrived at 12.30 so it wasn't that early for champagne!) then we sat down to wonderful seafood crepes for our entree. We always have the traditional roast turkey with cranberry sauce, ham, baked potatoes, stuffed pumpkin, cauliflower cheese, peas and corn regardless of what the temperature is - this year the weather man was kind to us.
For dessert we always have plum pudding or pavlova with strawberries. Yummo!!
                                         
After a short nap we all hopped onto the two boats we had (one belongs to my sister and her husband and the other to Daughter No 2 and her husband) and cruised around the waterways, I tried to take photos of the magnificent Christmas lights on the water front but they didn't turn out so well (maybe too many champagnes by then!!). Eventually we headed home to start eating again. This time we had cold meats, crayfish, prawns, salad and a fabulous whole fish which we stuffed and baked. Dessert was a lemon tart, individual cherry puddings and a yummy white chocolate, macadamia and mango torte.
Boxing Day was very similar to Christmas Day - just eating, drinking, cruising the waterways and enjoying having our family together.
I hope you all had a wonderful day with your family and friends.

The table looks so bare compared to what I have set for you this year. I have it all ready at the beach house but forgot to take my camera with me on the weekend so I’ll snap some pics on Christmas morning.
Suzy

I’m joining

5 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Merry Christmas Suzy! Thank you for sharing and I hope the rest of your week goes well for you. Have a wonderful holiday and take care.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

paperbutterfly said...

Sorry to hear how challenging your week has been.

Hope things improve quickly.

Black and silver are so dramatic andtimeless.

I so enjoyed your presence at our tea, especially during this busy season.
Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

Pam

Kim, USA said...

I so love this color very elegant!
Merry Christmas!

Christmas Tablescape

CJ Foss said...

What does this mean "header bogged today" and what was in the Tiffany box? Talk about burying the lead! What was in the box? Merry Christmas. CJ

Alycia Nichols said...

Suzy! No!!! Your groin muscle??!?!?! That's awful!!! I just called my husband (a physician) and asked just how painful that might be. When he started describing it, I had to stop him. I feel really, really bad for you!!! And just before Christmas, no less! :-( I really do hope that you are able to make a quick recovery. I'm glad you posted this neat black, white, and silver set up, though. It's really glam. Oh, and who WOULDN'T recognize that little blue box??!?!?! That's one of the most famous boxes in the entire world!!! :-) Lucky you!!! Get your little body well soon, try to have a good Christmas weekend, and I wish you a very happy New Year. Take care, Suzy!