Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas crafts

I've been fiddling.....



Yesterday I managed to get started on some Christmas crafts. I made these gorgeous candles to go on the table for Boxing Day (I already have my Christmas day table sorted - in my head, anyway!!). They were just plain cream pillar candles from the supermarket.



























I won't be using this candle holder but it had five spaces and I have five candles so it was just perfect for today. 




I down loaded this free music sheet (from Gail@Can'tStopMakingThings) and printed mine out onto some lovely cream paper (leftover from DNo 1's wedding invitations) and  cut them to size then joined them with double sided tape. I finished them off with a string bow.




I also made this burlap table runner (which I can't remember where I saw this. sorry!). I have lots of black wire baskets to go with this for a lovely French look.




I can't wait to use both of these. I have to take a small gift to a Christmas party so I'm going to make some candles for that.

Suzy 







4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

The candles are lovely. I just bought a large book of old sheet music for $2.00 to do something similar. I love the look of the white string! Fabulous!

XO,
Jane

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Those are fantastic!
I love the candle idea and your burlap runner turned out just wonderfully!
Kudos to you!
Cindy

HALLELUJAHS BY HOLLY said...

Love it...so simple and sweet. Who doesn't love a little sheet music?

Blessings to you,
Holly
http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

These came out so cute! :) And it was simple, too.