Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ice Cream Bar

Just after the New Year our darling second little grandson turned one!! How time flies…….he is the most gorgeous little man who lets me kiss him non-stop and never tries to ‘get away’ from Nanny!! My daughter organised a birthday party for him and I had gathered together everything for an ice cream bar at Christmas which we didn’t get to use so it was the perfect time to bring it out. It was a lovely warm day with all the kids and their dads splashing around in the pool for hours so an ice cream bar was just perfect!!
IMG_2559a
Just look at these gorgeous summer colours!! I had found these at a local supermarket for 99c each. As you can see I stocked up ready for a big Christmas crowd.
IMG_2552a
I was going to have hot pink accents which we had to change slightly for a dear little boy’s first birthday party.
IMG_2551a
Rows and rows of yummy colours.
IMG_2549a
After the party I realised this photo was the closest thing I got to a shot of the overall table. I sometimes get a bit carried away and forget that I’m supposed to be taking photos for my blog!
IMG_2550a
I had printed and laminated labels for the ice cream toppings.
IMG_2553a
Such a selection of extras for the top!!
IMG_2555a
I’m sure the kids couldn’t believe their eyes when they saw all of this – actually most of their parents couldn’t either!
IMG_2556a
My favourites!
IMG_2557a
The selection was amazing.
IMG_2558a
These cones were just so yummy…they seemed to have a slight chocolatey flavour to them. Delicious!! The pink tray in the background was filled with ice and three different flavoured tubs of ice cream were placed in there for everyone to serve themselves. I forgot to take photos of that when we had it all organised.
IMG_2548a
How wonderful is this cake??? My daughter made it herself and decorated it in colours just like Boppy’s (Mr FH) tractor on the farm. I thought it was just wonderful.
IMG_2565a
How cool are these face biscuits?? My daughters have become such wonderful capable mums of which I am very proud.
IMG_2566a
More yummy cakes. We had such a wonderful day! I had seen a post by The Tablescaper who had set a table similar to this for her children so I can’t claim the idea as mine!!
Suzy

I’m joining AStrollThruLife
               BetweenNapsonthePorch
               SavvySouthernStyle
               ArtfulAffirmations
               Rose ChintzCottage
               Martha'sFavorites (I hope icecream cups are allowed!)
                          ASouthernDaydreamer
               TrendyTreehouse
               FingerprintsontheFridge
               AtThePicketFence
               ChiconaShoestring
               FrenchCountryCottage
               TheCharmofHome
               StuffandNonsense
               HowSweetTheSound
               http://cozyhomescenes.blogspot.com.au/
               Let'sDish@CuisineKathleen

33 comments:

regan said...

What a fun party table.....we don't have little ones anymore, but I'm thinking that table would be great for just adults, too! Fun!

Terri said...

Oh Suzi, it all looks so pretty and cheery and delicious! Yum!
But where is your tea cup for Tea Cup Tuesday? Did I miss it?
Hugs to you dear,
Terri

Deanna said...

So bright and cheery. Lifted my spirits!

God bless,
d

Cindy said...

Looks like someone was having fun, or about to. Love the colourful photos they enhance all the yummy treats. Have a great party, Cindy

Snap said...

What a fun first birthday party! The cake is amazing. Bet the party was a lot of fun!!!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, what fun! A delightful party and the tractor cake is adorable! I'm sure everyone had a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love this. An ice cream bar and it is all so pretty. Fantastic. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Brenda said...

I come to you from Martha's Favorites. I saw your post and I just had to see what was going on on the farm. I LOVE your ideas and looks like you had a great time at your grandson's birthday party. Everything is so colorful and I know everyone must have had a wonderful time. Blog is truly delightful and I enjoyed my visit.
I hope you will come to see me at Down Memory La La Lane.
Here's to your health,
Brenda

Tea in Texas said...

Really love the great Birthday Party! The colored ice creamcones are so cute and I am certain everyone had a wonderful time deciding on their favorite toppings. You pics with the names are cute, too. The tractor cake is so professional and great for a boy and his grandad. Happy Birthday Party! Pam

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi SuzyQ,
that looks all gorgeous for your little grandson. I am sure, everybody enjoyed the party.
Best greetings, Johanna

jewaicious said...

Great shots of colors and textures. Lovely.

Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker said...

What a beautiful tablescape! And such talented cake/cookie decorators! Great job!
(visiting from Trendy Treehouse)

a quiet life said...

such a fun fun time!

Jessica said...

So colorful and delicious!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Any child (or adult) would love to be at this party - so colorful and inviting!...MMmmm, enjoy!

Shanee said...

What a happy, fun table! Love the tractor cake. I am sure the party was a success.

Alycia Nichols said...

I think you just became the favorite Grandmother of all time in your grandson's eyes! There is probably nothing that could top this for a little kid! All the bright colors, sweet treats, that incredibly cool cake (kudos to your daughter on that!)...all of the elements that created a perfect party! I really like the ice cream cups. Very wise of you to purchase a lot of them. I'm sure you will get lots of good use over the years! Your daughters are both quite talented in the kitchen. They did a magnificent job! Great job on the markers you made for the sweets!

I mentioned you on my blog this week. Lucky you in sunny, warm weather!!! Have a good weekend!

The Style Sisters said...

oooh this is so fun!! I love all the colors. Great pics!!

Karin

Robin said...

So cute and I that cake is really impressive! I am sure everyone had a great time especially the birthday boy!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Marlis said...

This table would be great for any summer get together! Love all your sunday glasses in the rainbow of colors.. so wonderful. Darling cake too. belated happy birthday to the young man. xo marlis

A Perfect Setting said...

All the colors are great! What a wonderful party, you guys went all out!! Great job on that cute cute cute tractor cake! Enjoy those kisses while they last, they seem to grow up so fast!

Entertaining Women said...

Ah grandsons...our hearts melt at the mere thought of them. You organized a glorious ice cream social to celebrate his birthday. He's blessed to have you as his grand mom. Thanks for inviting us to the party. Cherry Kay

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Such wonderful colors! It is all so enticing! What a fun party!
HPS!
Jil ♥

J.Rylie.C said...

So yummy!

My PINK. I would like to invite you also to my meme, come link with me with Color Connection.

I am your new follower..

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful idea! It's all so cheery and colorful! Delightful!

Ann said...

I just love the little signs you make for the toppings. Great ideas I need to store for when it turns warm here.
Happy Pink Sat.
Ann

Anonymous said...

Wow, you went all out. What a great party set up. Your daughter did a great job on the cake, and I like the litle signs you made for the sundae supplies. I'm sure everyone had a great time pigging out on all the junk food....I know I would! Thanks for joining me at the Grill, BBQ, & Picnic Party this week!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Lucky birthday boy to have such a fun birthday party. The cake is wonderful and all those colors and goodies must have been exciting for all. Thank you for coming to my GRILL, BBQ and PICNIC PARTY. I'm sure you have given lots of fun ideas to others by sharing this post.-------
Shannon

Shannon@CozyHome Scenes said...

Sorry about the two comments. Didn't know the first one went through so I did the second one on my IPad. Shannon

Savannah Granny said...

Hi Suzy, This is the cutest thing I have seen for children. What a neat way to serve the little ones. They all love ice cream and I would loved to have seen their little faces.
I can see Moms everywhere doing this.
Thanks for sharing,
Ginger

Marigene said...

Let's party...awesome!

Kathleen said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking to Let's Dish. You forgot to add the link to your list.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I love all the fun colors! It looks awesome!