Saturday, January 30, 2010

Holidays are over....


Well I am back after the most wonderful 10 days - this is the Athina which I cruised on with my Mum and my two sisters. We had the most lovely time - we don't ever just have the four of us (usually husbands, kids and grandkids are there!!) so it was very special to us all. We laughed so much, ate so much and talked so much - not a bad way to spend 8 days!! The Athina was a wonderful ship with fabulous staff to provide beautiful food and really fantastic cocktails!! The only downside we had was the weather - as we were south of Australia the wind was really gusty so we weren't able to sit on the sunlounges all day reading books as I thought I would be doing - we had facials, massages and afternoon snoozes instead.
We travelled to Adelaide by boat then hired a car and drove to the Adelaide Hills and the Barossa which is a very famous winegrowing area of South Australia.


These are some photos I took while walking around an old town called Hahndorf which is Australia's oldest surviving German settlement. It was a really beautiful town where I could easily live and settle into one of the many stone cottages we saw.
There are just so many wineries, cheese factories, chocolate factories and craft shops around this area it was just amazing.
Finally we flew back to Perth where I spent a couple of days catching up with D No1, S No1 and their partners and also my dear little grandson who is now walking!! I started back at work yesterday - we had a staff inservice all day so that was a great way to break ourselves in - students start on Monday so that will really mean the end of the holiday then!!
Until next time...

Suzy

3 comments:

bBchronicles said...

"Count me IN!!!" Cruise-time, lovely mosaics!!!!!

deb said...

What a fun time you must have had!! Good for you!! Love your mosaics!
*hugs*deb

Mary said...

Wow what fun! Thanks so much for sharing the good times at MM. :)