Monday, February 15, 2010

Vintage buttons

Today I want to show you a cute necklace my Mum gave me last week for my birthday. She bought it in the Barossa Valley on our trip in January. It is handmade from beautiful vintage buttons...


Aren't the colours just gorgeous - it is all stitched together with black wool. Some of the larger buttons have smaller ones stitched on top - I just love it!!



While I was away on the weekend I picked up this lovely bag of mixed buttons to try to make a necklace myself - I also happened to pick up a cute little cardi in this gorgeous green colour too!


I'll show you when I get it done - maybe I'll make some to give to friends for birthday presents!

Suzy




2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a pretty and fun necklace. I love it. I also can't wait to see what you create. Such a great idea. Hugs, Marty

Rosy Inspiration said...

Ooh! Can't wait to see what you do with those buttons.