Monday, May 24, 2010

Seeing Red



Hi, I am back from my weekend away with my cousins and "no" I didn't get cross with any of them... We visited Kalgoorlie which is a very old gold mining town (now a city) and while we were there visited many places of interest.
 We had a tour of the 'red light' district for which the town was famous in the gold rush days of the 1800's. The little shacks are still standing today - very interesting!! There are a lot of beautiful old buildings which I have taken photos of so I hope to bring them to you later. We had the most wonderful family weekend.

Today I am joining Mosaic Monday with some 'red' photos I took of a table I set for lunch last week. I don't have a lot of red in my home so this was quite challenging to say the least.




I have learnt from looking at many other tablescapes that I really need to look around my home with my eyes wide open and it is amazing what I find.

Suzy

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Your red setting is very pretty!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I see ton's of gorgeous reds! I love your table and china! The apples around the candle is such a cool idea.
And I love that runner!
Have a great week,
Cindy

Sue McPeak said...

It is amazing what we see when looking for specifics. Your tablescape mosaic is very pretty and the composition really shows off the reds. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Tons of red! What a wonderful mosaic they make too.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Suzyq,

What a festive table! Looks great!

Amanda

Heidi said...

How fun that you were able to get away with your cousins for a few days! I envy you, I'm trying to set something up with friends but something (family, life!!) always gets in the way. Oh well.
Your "reds" are very pretty, looks like you found quite a few once you started looking!
Thanks for stopping by earlier and for the nice comment. I hope you'll be back for another visit soon.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home