Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Very Special Visitor


I have a very special visitor staying at the farm house.....can you guess who it is??
I thought the old timber might give you a hint - it is my darling little grandson!! He has come to stay with Nanny and Poppy for 4 days as his Mummy and Daddy are in Melbourne on a business trip.

This is the first time he has stayed away from his parents and he is just a dream- as soon as I speak to him his little face just lights up.



This is his special chair - I bought this at a farm sale many years ago and it was covered in chippy white paint - it took me forever to get it all off and now I wish it was still like that!! If only we could see into the future.
As he is staying for a few days I thought I would polish up MrFH's silver christening mug which I have recently found in our old farm house. As you can see it hasn't been cleaned in a very long time so it was impossible to remove all the black from it.



I also found Mr FH's little silver spoon so that has been put back into action too.


 

No meal would be complete without a matching napkin so I found these pretty paper ones with sheep on for him to use during his little farm holiday.


I has been a real delight to have this little man to hop into bed with me in the morning and have special cuddles with - I will miss him when he goes home tomorrow.


Suzy


4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how much fun is this. I so remember those precious days with my grandchildren. The memories are so sweet and they just melt your heart. I love the high chair. I had an antique one for my grandchildren too. Love the silver cup and spoon and the bib and napkins are just perfect. Don't you wish they could stay forever. Thanks so much for joining the party. Enjoy every single second of having him there. Hugs, Marty

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

How sweet is that! I think the work on the highchair was worth it. It looks great!

Sharon Haynie said...

We have had those special memories with our granddaughters too! The special highchair is not as nice but still holds sweet memories. Thanks for sharing with us today!

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Oh, how sweet, I love your high chair, and the way you showed us the spoon and cup with the cute big and napkin! I love grandchildren, just the most precious thing in the world!
Hugz,
Kim