Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Forest Fires

I have been meaning to take these photos for quite a while..... About three months ago Mr FH and I were on our way along the main highway going to the city when we came across a road block. There was a fire ahead so we had to take a detour. I mean A DETOUR!! Our drive which usually took us 2 hours ended up taking us 4 1/2 hours. Since then I have been looking at this area of forest and thinking how stunning it looks. Australia is known for it's bushfires but this was actually in the middle of winter - that just shows how dry everything is this year. There is a slight green tinge started to peak through and that makes the blackened trunks look very eerie.


















































Happy Outdoor Wednesday to you all!

Suzy

6 comments:

Olive said...

That was some detour!

kayellen said...

I am glad you are OK but wow that was a long detour~~~

Happy Outdoor Wednesday:)

Kay Ellen

Light and Voices said...

Good thing you had your camera to capture that long, long detour.
Joyce M

Linda said...

That does look eerie. We have those fires here this time every year because of high winds that dry everything out. I remember back about 4 years ago when 32 miles of our mountains were on fire. I live at the base of them and many homes...over 200 were lost...fire is scary!

Donnie said...

Those were striking photos. My husband says it's good for the trees once in a while and to keep the undergrowth under control. I'm glad I got to see them. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Custom Comforts said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love the difference in Australian terrain and American. It is so vastly different from here. I'm your newest follower!
Cindy