Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Changes in the kitchen

I have been thinking of painting my dresser in my kitchen for ages. I haven’t been able to buy Annie Sloan’s chalk paint here in Australia so I really had lost a bit of interest until I saw Sherry's post on No Minimalist Here the recipe to make your own chalk paint. Just what I wanted to hear so armed with my paint and some plaster of paris I set to work. I still haven’t been able to find some wax to finish my dresser but I am really happy with the results. I am now thinking of painting my kitchen cupboards.

Downloading 097a (3)
Downloading 081a (2)

This is the dresser after I added my white china but before I attacked it with the paint brush. It was a very old pine cupboard I had bought when I was first married (now that’s a loong time ago!!) so it really wasn’t something that was going to be a family heirloom!!

IMG_2282aa
IMG_2279aa
IMG_2281aa
IMG_2278aa


Suzy



I’m joining MetamorphosisMonday@BetweenNapsonthePorch
                 ShowOffYourCottageMonday@TheHouseintheRoses
                 InspirationFriday@AtThePicketFence
                 ShowandTell@MyRomanticHome
                 FridayFurnitureFinds@MissMustardSeed
                 FeatheredNestFriday@FrebchCountryCottage
                 HomeSweetHome@TheCharmOfHome
                 ThriftyFriday@TheThriftyGroove
                 StrutYourStuff@SomeWhatSimple

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy ~ Your cupboard looks fantastic, I love the transformation! You did a great job updating it and all of your white dishes and accessories look so pretty!!

regan said...

Ditto to what JoAnne just said.....and I think that cupboard is destined to be an heirloom after all! Beautiful job!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Suzy! I like that it looks like a wash. I love all your white pieces! What a great piece to display them on.

Visiting from Feathered Nest Friday! : )

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your cupboard looks Gorgeous with all your beautiful Treausres!!!Suzy.
XXOO Diane

Marie said...

I love the all white look in your cupboard. And love the shape of the cupboard itself. Gorgeous!
Happy Monday!
-Marie

CIELO said...

So pretty... I've been looking for an open shelving hutch like that forever... I'll find one one day I know! ;) Thanks for participating in Show Off Your Cottage Monday and bringing me here!

Cielo

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! Where do you get all your lovely white dishes, etc. from?